We are an online shop offering you a range of premium quality, stylish & functional babygrows and basics for your baby.
A babygrow is one of the most used items in your little one's wardrobe. It can also be a gorgeous but very practical gift. I love to give the gift of a beautiful babygrow. It has always been my 'go to' for new arrivals.
I did shop online for my own kid's Babygrows. I was always looking for something different, stylish, unique and really good quality. My little ones spent so much time in these comfy clothes, especially in the first year of their life. It was important for me to buy the best quality I could find.
Initially when setting up this shop my aim was to source a range of high quality babygrows... simple. I wanted a good choice for customers, to offer customers something a little different to choose from. We love the multipacks that are always available but it is nice to have something different, a little more special.
We all had a favourite babygrow or two for our babies. The one always washed and first off the fresh pile of laundry again!!
During the many months of research, planning, sourcing, trade shows and discussions with suppliers etc. It became clear to me how important fabric choice was. This is why I am focusing on pure fabrics, organic cottons & ethically produced baby clothes.
My aim is to responsibly source a beautiful range of premium babygrows. Most of our collections are Organic and produced at fair trade to the highest standards of quality. Most are GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified, this is one of the strictest worldwide standards with highest requirements concerning the sustainability of materials and a fair production for the entire production chain (www.global-standard.org). GOTS is the ultimate solution to achieve and to document a sustainable textile production.
Organic and pure fabrics are a fantastic choice for baby as we believe just the purest fabrics should be in contact with your baby's delicate skin.
A large selection of our baby clothes are Unisex with a nice selection in classic pink & blue. Find beautiful, unique babygrow choices here. Functional basics, Luxury baby gifts & more.
For mums and dads preparing for their new arrival have a look at the Mori 'Welcome to the World' sets. These sets of basic practical baby clothing in high-quality fabrics are the perfect starter sets for baby.
Shop for baby clothes online. Shop online with us for Organic baby clothes, vintage, funky, scandi and classic style baby clothes. We stock beautiful baby gifts, Organic baby blankets, handmade toys and more at Babygrow Clothing Basics
We are stocking brands such as Pigeon Organics, Baby Mori, Little Green Radicals, Baby Chamomile, DUNS & more...
Below you will read some interesting things about fabrics in particular the production of cotton.
Organic Cotton V's Regular Cotton
First, there’s a major difference between regular cotton and organic cotton.
Here are some facts you may not know about conventionally grown cotton:
Cotton farming takes up only about 2.5% of the world’s total farmland, but uses 16% of the world's insecticides, more than any other single major crop.
Other environmental consequences of the elevated use of chemicals in the non organic cotton growing methods consist of:
- High levels of agrochemicals are used in the production of non-organic, conventional cotton.
- Cotton production uses more chemicals per unit area than any other crop and accounts in total for 10-16% of the world's pesticides (including herbicides, insecticides, and defoliants).
- Chemicals used in the processing of cotton pollute the air and surface waters.
- Decreased biodiversity and shifting equilibrium of ecosystems due to the use of pesticides.
- Each acre of cotton harvested every year in the U.S. is sprayed with an average of 13 pounds of pesticides, herbicides, and defoliants.
- The World Health Organization classifies half of cotton crop chemicals each year as “hazardous”.
- Toxic defoliating chemicals are used to harvest the cotton.
And this long list doesn’t even include the billions of pounds of synthetic fertilizers used for cultivating cotton. The runoff from these fertilizers can create aquatic "dead zones" in waterways, killing off species of aquatic life.
Organic Cotton: One of Nature’s Greatest Gifts
Organic cotton is the purest form of cotton, grown without synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and defoliants and is grown without genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Organic-certified farmers grow organic cotton with the help of natural fertilizers, beneficial insects, and innovative weeding techniques. These systems, at the same time, replenish and help maintain soil fertility while enhancing biodiversity that protects air and water.
There are several reasons why organic textiles are kinder, cleaner and better:
- Organic fibres are grown without using harmful pesticides or genetically modified organisms so promote a healthier farm and environment.
- Harmful manufacturing chemicals are not allowed in organic textile production, so it’s better for wildlife and workers.
- Social conditions are high in organic textile factories, and organic cotton production can help farmers find a way out of poverty.
- Animal welfare is at the heart of organic systems, so is better for animals.
- Organic textiles don’t contain allergenic, carcinogenic or toxic chemicals.
Organic Cotton & Sensitive Skin
Cotton and silk are the two best natural fabrics for sensitive skins. Cotton is absorbent and cool, silk is more expensive than cotton but is warmer.
Care should be taken when selecting clothing for children who have skin problems.
It can be difficult for children or indeed anyone who suffers from eczema to find comfortable clothing, particularly when there has been a flare up of the condition.
Clothing can aggravate eczema as skin can be very hot and heat increases itch.
Avoid harsh synthetic fabrics.
Use thin layers rather than one thick layer of clothing
Organic Cotton Clothing is always a good choice for a baby with sensitive skin.